The most giant quinoa salad (and peas!)



Recently, I've been on the biggest health kick of my life.

I have started running.


I said.. I. HAVE. STARTED. RUNNING.


This morning I did a Jillian Michaels workout dvd.

Last night I speed walked for 52 minutes.

(if you could see my face right meow it would be one of shock)



Now.... you need to know me to know that this is all very out of the ordinary!

On the inside I've always considered myself healthy,
but definitely not a runner-kinda-healthy!!

Basically my end goal is to have a body like Beyonce. 




Is that too much to ask?





Before this health kick, my mind said to me "you're vegetarian... you can eat more than that! HAVE ANOTHER BOWL! Go onnnnnnn!"

TO MY MIND, I SAY NO!


(cheese.... obviously not healthy, but my first piece in 10 days!)


The most giant quinoa salad. 


Mixed lettuce, 4 cups
Quinoa cooked, 2 cups
Sweet potato, cubed, roasted, 1/2 cup
Tomatoes, diced, 2 medium
Cucumber, diced, 1 cup
Capsicum, diced, 3/4 cup
Snap peas, sliced, 1 cup
Celery, sliced, 1/2 cup
Mixed roasted salted nuts, 1/2 cup

Serves 5.

224 calories per serve.
10 grams fat per serve. (8 of those in the nuts)

Minty pea dip.

Peas, 2 cups
Lemon juice, 2 T
Roasted garlic, 2 cloves
Dijon mustard, 1 t
Mint leaves, 1/4 cup or less
Olive oil, 2 T

23 Calories per dessert spoon.


I served this salad with a sprinkle of salt, a splash of Chinese Red Vinegar and a scoop of pea dip and hummus!

Comments

  1. The pea dip is a great idea - and the salad looks good. What's Quinoa though? Sounds like a card game old people play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful - but so do you! I admire you enormously for your exercise adventures and having watched Jillian M's dvd's I am in awe of you !! I reckon you already look like Beyonce's little sister......will be watching your journey and cheering you on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel, it's a grain-like seed! It kinda tastes like a nuttier cous cous, and is really good for you! Mmmmm cribbage ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts