My Best Pasta! (spicy roasted red pepper)

I'm a pasta lover. 

Who am I kidding.. I'm a CARB lover.

This pasta recipe was slowly brewing in my brain. 

I took inspiration from The Pioneer Woman and her quest for pasta perfection. I've added in every element that I love in pasta: 
  • Creamy sauce; but not too creamy
  • Sweet roasted capsicum
  • Delicious mushrooms
  • Fresh spinach
  • Spicy chilli
  • Cold avocado and crunchy nuts on top
  • PURE YUM.
and THIS, my friends... is as close to personal pasta perfection (hehe) that I have ever reached!

Now, with these final three words, (nom nom nom) I give you:


The Best Pasta. (like. ever.)
(serves 3 .. or 2 starving souls)

2 cups (uncooked) pipe rigate* pasta

150 grams semi sun dried tomatoes
1 whole roasted red capsicum, peeled (do this under the grill or straight on the flame)
a few black marinated olives

1 Tablespoon olive oil (or sun dried tomato oil)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, sliced
5 large swish mushrooms, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced

1/2 cup dry white wine
100 mL light cream (or soy milk)
1 big bag baby spinach
Juice of 1 small lemon, zest of just half
1 Tablespoon dried chilli flakes or fresh sliced chilli (I like life hot and spicy! Ha!)

to serve:
small handful almonds/cashews
toasted sesame seeds
a few slices of avocado


Ok, go!

In a blender, blitz together tomatoes, capsicum and olives. Add a tiny splash of water if you’re having trouble blending it - try and get it very very smooth. Set aside.

Put the pasta on to boil in a big pot. Cook due to packet instructions.

Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat oil. 
Fry garlic, onion, mushrooms and zucchini until browned. Turn heat up high and when the pan is very hot - deglaze with white wine and reduce.

Add in the tomato/capsicum sauce, cream, lemon, chilli and season with salt and pepper.

Drain your pasta and at the last minute add the pasta and spinach to the sauce. Stir to combine and serve.


Top with avocado, sesame seeds, nuts and share with someone you love! 

(Drink wine and eat bread with it if you’re feeling particularly naughty like I was.)




*I feel like a nut, but I’ve only JUST realised in all of my pasta eating years of life that this pasta is squished closed at one end to trap the sauce in. DID EVERYBODY KNOW THAT?! i thought I was just looking at faulty images online before I actually checked mah bag of pasta and was blown away!! 

Comments

  1. ooo no i had no idea that the pasta was squished to keep the sauce in - wow! :)
    The pasta sounds awesome! I love pasta too, as youve prob heard, gnocchi is my favourite food.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyyy, I know! I had to do a double take when I realised! (glad i'm not the only one!)
    I'm a gnocchi lover too - but I find myself in a gnocchi coma after eating it!

    I have made this pasta twice now and it is SO delicious and crazy easy. Try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so yummy! x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a $75 gift card to old gold boutique if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts