Sweet Potato & Quinoa Cakes with Beetroot Hummus.


It just so happens that my better half dislikes sweet potato, quinoa, peanut butter and beets.                 
I heartily love all four.

Unknowingly I incorporated all 4 of those things in to our dinner...

Oopsie daisies!

I'm unsure as to whether these are burgers or patties or cakes or thing o's... But they're pretty tasty!

And you know what?

He ate it all.

He ate more than I did.


I think I'm a magician, guys!


Sweet Potato & Quinoa Cakes.
1 sweet potato, roasted
1.5 cups quinoa, cooked
2 T ground flax (or 1 egg)
1/2 C breadcrumbs (plus extra for coating)
1 handful herbs, roughly chopped (thyme, sage, rosemary)
1/2 bulb roasted garlic
1 T sriracha
1 t peanut butter
1/2 t maggi seasoning (or soy)
1 t paprika
2 T toasted sesame seeds (or 2 t tahini)

In a large bowl mash sweet potato and add rest of ingredients.
Taste and season to your liking.
With wet hands, separate mix in to 5 and shape in to patties.
Coat in extra breadcrumbs and bake in oven at 400C for about an hour or until a little dry and holding together well. Flip halfway.

Pan fry to create a crispy exterior (optional) and serve.

Makes 5 burger patty thing o's.

Beetroot Hummus
1 tin chick peas
1/2 bulb roasted garlic
1/4 cup oil
3 T lemon juice
1 or 2 roasted beets
1 t salt (or more)
2 t tahini

Blend all ingredients until smooth.



No editing... ACTUAL COLOUR! 
..Madness.


Comments

  1. Going to freshmarket for the beets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds good. Something new to try as well. thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts