Coffee coffee birthday cake (with extra coffee)

Muffin is one of those people who just picks up a foreign language like it's nothin...When we spent a month in Vietnam last year, he learned many phrases, most importantly: 

  • hai ly cĂ  phĂŞ sữa đá: Two iced coffee with milk please!
  • hai ly rượu: Two beers please! or.... hai ly ba-ba-ba: (ba-ba-ba, or 333, was the cheapest beer!)

These are possibly written entirely incorrectly.. speaking and writing a language are clearly 2 diff things!!

What I'm getting at is:
a) my bf is very helpful in a foreign country
b) he likes beer
c) he REALLY likes coffee
d) it was his birthday this week
e) I BAKED HIM A COFFEE CAKE WHICH TASTED LIKE CA PHE SUA DA! 

my first ever vietnamese coffee experience at a coffee plantation :) 
SO STRONG.

more of my ca phe sua da action in Vietnam

curly straws make it even better.... obvs.

BACK TO THE BAKING..

If you've ever had Vietnamese iced coffee, you know what I'm talking about when I say it is mind blasting. 


I have worked in cafe's for the past 9 years and I never liked or drank coffee.... 
CA PHE SUA DA MADE ME A COFFEE DRINKER. 
Nuff said.




Sometimes recipes are so easy to follow that you end up not paying attention and adding icing sugar instead of baking powder and then whipping the absolute heck out of the batter............ 


I mean, SOME people do that....


OBVIOUSLY I DID NOT DO THAT.

Cake take two!

Myes, a slight improvement......



Coffee with Baileys just so happens to be Muffin's fav brekky (he doesn't love food like I do!)


Thus, I made extra icing and kept it white and added some baileys for another coffee hit!


And no, I didn't remember to photograph it until after it had been hacked in to..


BUT IT WAS DELISH!






ps.. Happy 100th post to me! 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the awesome success in your 100th post and your amazingly wonderful coffee cake! Love you little chef xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful, I adore coffee cake <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mumma, thanks! Disaster turned in to success!

    Leslie, it was really rich but equally delicious :)

    Lidiya, It was so tasty! I now love coffee cake too :)

    Joel, ohhh yes. Give some to Tyler and watch what happens!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts