Vegan Spaghetti & Meatballs



Oh heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Sorry I just woke from a 7 year nap - PHEW I must have been tired.

I made this meal in the midst of Covid-19 quarantine fun, with whatever I had in my pantry.

SIX ingredient meatballs, are you kidding me? I am not.



  • Chickpeas
  • Braised Gluten
  • Panko breadcrumbs
  • Garlic powder
  • Pizza seasoning 
  • Flour

Ok first question.

Braised gluten tid bits?! YUM. Sounds delicious! It gives this dish a meaty texture, and I love this shit.

 

Ball em up. 




Bake em off.
Look at that texture!

 



RECIPE

1 tin braised wheat gluten, roughly blended in food processor 
1 1/4 cup chickpeas, blended well in food processor 
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs 
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon pizza spices (lol)
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
Salt to taste 


Preheat oven to 375F.

Roughly blend wheat gluten in processor, add to bowl.

Blend well chickpeas in food processor, add to bowl. 

Mix rest of ingredients in bowl together until holds, add extra flour if needed.

Wet your hands. 

Use 1 Tablespoon measurement and roll in to balls, makes approx 20. 

Roll in flour.

Add oil to baking sheet and bake meat balls for 30 mins at 375F or just starting to turn golden.

Pan fry when you're ready to eat them in a little oil, finish heating them through with your fav pasta sauce and serve with spaghetti!






Ok seeya!



Comments

Popular Posts