it's safe to say I am obsessed with roasts and breakfast.


I'm still rockin relatively carb-free-livin. This dinner was JYMUNGO compared to my meal sizes now. (as was the breakfast to follow!) BUT SO WORTH IT.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love a good roast.

ROAST DELIGHTS: simplified!
1 bag baby spinach, fried with butter, salt and lemon juice.

peas boiled then added to butter, salt and mint.

green beans, steamed yo.

asparagus, blanched for 2 mins, topped with tiny bit oh butter, lemon juice and fresh cracked black!

carrots and punkin cut thin, with fresh thyme and oil and s+p, roasted at 200C for 15 minutes.

tiny potatoes steamed for 10 minutes, transferred to hot frying pan with oil, rosemary and salt and pepper. then into 200C oven for further 15 minutes to crisp up!

graaaaavy. 1/2 cup leek rounds, softened in butter for 5 minutes, add 2 Tablespoons flour and mix until all coated, throw in 1 cup vegie 'beef' stock and simmer. I added 1/2 t of apple cider vinegar and a ton of cracked black pepper. Simmer and reduce to desired thickness!

and that is it! Delicious.

BG (before-gravy)

AG (after-gravy)


Muffin and I have almost been together for 3 years and until recently I could probably count the number of meals he has made me on 1 hand! AND HE'S A CHEF!!!!!!!!!!!! (really, he is.)

anywho. The past few weeks he has made me brekky on a Sunday and it has been diiiiiiiiviiiiiiiiiine. I think breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. And a giant full english (vegie style) is probably the best. Ya know, the bomb diggity!

Without further adieu , I present ... OUR BREAKFAST!
sliced avocado, roasted tomato, rosemary mushrooms, vegie snossages with HP sauce and baked beans! So full after this bizzo.



I know, I'm a lucky gal.

Comments

  1. Whoa, that breakfast looks awesome! Is your partner also veggie?
    I had roast veg for dinner tonight too, theyre so easy to make yet so so so yummy!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts