a carrot cake a day keeps the blues away! (vegan!)

Guess what?


The sun is shining and there are cupcakes in my oven. 
(Boy, does that sound like some sort of creepy metaphor!)



This is what my happiness looks and smells like.
Sunshine,
cinnamon and love!

Why yes,
yes I am emotional maniac this weekend. Thank you for asking.

Yes, I did visit the rocky mountains and cry at how beautiful they were.
Yes, I did cry when I read the card my boyfriend gave me.
Yes, I did cry when listening to a sad song whilst doing the dishes.

And then I baked these delicious morsels of cupcakes. Ninja Vegan Carrot Cupcakes!


There is nothing more therapeutic for me than baking. 
Maybe running... but that's just a guess, because I'm not a runner.
But I'm sure I'd love it.
If I was fit.
And didn't have asthma.
And owned running shoes.
And tried running.
Yeah.
I bet I'd LOVE it. 
I can just tell.






LETS GET OUR BAKE ON.

Vegan carrot cake cupcakes.

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups self raising flour
2 cups grated carrot

Preheat oven to 180C (375F).
Beat together sugar and oil until combined and thick.
Add apple sauce, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix.
Add flour and mix until all combined.
Stir through carrots.

Spoon in to muffin tray, 3/4 full (I put mine in cute patty cases... it's what we aussies call them!)
Bake for 15 minutes until light brown in colour, but still soft to the touch.
Leave for 10 minutes and take out of baking tray to cool.
Top with cream cheese icing or tofutti cream cheese icing.

Icing
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
zest 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
tiny dot yellow colouring (optional)

Whip butter and cream cheese until light and creamy.
Add sugar and lemon, colouring and mix until combined. Taste and adjust cream/sugar/lemony - ness!










Then convince your boyfriend to come with you whilst you take a big box of them and drive around to visit all of your friends and give them 1! 

Comments

  1. YUM! nice idea to give them to friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's such a simple recipe too. I just had a squiz at your blog and it's divine. I'm an adelaide girl originally and you're making me miss the garden! boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your Ma I giggled at the cupcakes in the oven comment :P Secondly, as an equally emotional female, I loved the fact that you cried at the beauty of the mountains; at the wonderful card Aaron gave you; and at the sad song........and then, I wondered why they are Ninja cakes! Is it purely cos they are in Ninja coloured patty cases? Cos if so, I think at the very least they should have a jelly bean on each - just sayin' :) PS. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely! I recently made carrot cake with shredded coconut and crushed pineapple. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts