Slug birthday cake and my extremely fun birthday day!

Around about once a year I force my poor boyfriend to bake for me.

Specifically a cake. I always want a cake. Who doesn't want cake?

You know who? ... my boyfriend is who... he doesn't even really like cake.
I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW.

WHAT HAVE A MARRIED*?!
*i'm not actually married

You may very well remember last years birthday cake. Quite possibly because it was the greatest thing I have ever seen.


Six layers of rainbow goodness - AND EVERY LAYER WAS A DIFFERENT FLAVOUR.

He is a chef by trade. And like most chefs, he absolutely despises baking. (we're a good yin/yang!)

From the sounds and profanities and general vibe I was getting from the kitchen.. he must really love me. Because he really, REALLY, hates baking!


First of all, a little background birthday story..

presents! presents! all the way from oz :) 

breakfast hand made by a chef... don't mind if I do! 

coffee, bagel, berries, banana bread. YES. 

the breakfast of birthday champions. 

it snowed just a little for my birthday...


 Now.. LET THE CAKE BAKING BEGIN.


organised chef with his organised recipe all organised and stuck on the fridge.

why does he do this to the butter? This brings me pain. 

cake cake cake cake! 

 ooooooh! ahhhhhhhh!

heyyyyyy! where'd it go? Haha, the swirls kinda disappeared.

CRUMB LAYER! 

(See that plate of rice? sometimes he'll just eat rice. Just rice. Do you see what I'm saying? A bowl of rice with some soy sauce... as a meal. Who is this crazy man in my life?)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SLUG! 

YEP. My boyfriend calls me slug. But I guess I call him Muffin, so we're pretty even.

He used basic sponge cake and buttercream recipes and added extra strawberries because he knows I am obsessed.

A delicious cake.
A fabulous day.
A lovely family.
A cute boyfriend.



Yeah. I think I'll keep him.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts