Laksa and soy bean Extravaganza.

Yesterday I went to the Adelaide Central Market with my mumma. It is the biggest under-cover market in the southern hemisphere and I am proud to call it my own. (ALL MINE - muhahaha) Nuff on that, we had lunch at Laksa House which is in a little asian food court off china town.


It pretty much has the most amazing laksa in the world. or perhaps just Adelaide. Anywhoo. They are lovely there and they even have a cute little sign that warns you that the laksa will contain shrimp and chicken stock unless you ask otherwise. So I got the vegetarian laksa (the only veggie option - but hey, it's good!) and mumma got the combination one. The small size is $7 and the large is $9(i think). THELARGEISABSOLUTELYMASSIVE. I accidentally bought it once and I think I ate about 1/4 of it and felt distraught at my wasted-ness. The laksa is definitely delish there and is always ready in less than 5 minutes. By that I mean about 3. At most.


For dinner tonight I had 4 types of soy bean! What a versatile ingredient it seems to be :D and what a grand vegetarian I am! hahaha. I made miso soup and had a fry up of tofu, tempeh, soybeans and vegies. Nice and pretty simple.


I ate miso soup for a good few months in Canada before I remembered it had bonito flakes in it. Geeeeeeeeeee wizzzzzz, was I upset. So this one (bonito-free!) was just miso paste mixed with water and some nori.


Soy Bean Extravaganza*: 
3 oyster mushroom, sliced
1 swiss mushroom, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
1 baby eggplant, sliced (homegrown)
1/4 zucchini, sliced

1 slice tempeh
1 slice firm tofu
1 cup soy beans (we buy them frozen)

1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 teaspoon dumpling vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
s+p

Method: wok fry:
Fry mushrooms separately until browned and delicious (otherwise they overcook with everything else) Remove from pan and put aside.

Fry onion, garlic, chilli, eggplant, zucchini, tempeh and tofu with some olive oil for a couple of minutes. When pan is hot, throw in frozen soy beans and fry for another 5 - 10 minutes - or until completely cooked through. Add mushies back and heat through.

Turn off heat and add soy, sriracha, vinegar, sesame oil.

Serve with steamed rice, crispy fried shallots, toasted sesame seeds and miso soup!

* This makes enough for 2... possibly 3. I don't know how to cook for 1. Coming from a family of 5, it is not in my vocabulary.

Comments

  1. Central markets are the greatest place on earth, I am lucky the bus at the end of my street drops me and my trolley off right out front. I live for the tofu laksa, laksa hut is always full! but the older diner area has great laksa...well the food is great all round, could go on for hours. I really enjoy reading your blog, I am new to being vegan and am doing the raw challenge in may-june your blog is great for inspiration! thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts