tofu scramble + strawberry smoothie of deliciousness.

Eggs make me feel sick. blerrrghhh. but I do miss eating a hearty scrambly brekky. So I made a tofu scramble. I'm sure to many this would sound gross - even I was sceptical - but it is totally delish
So EAT IT. It's healthier for you and just as easy.


Tofu Scramble: THIS MAKES A LOT. be prepared to be hungry.
1/2 block firm tofu
2 mushrooms sliced
½ tomato diced
5 slices zucchini
1 spring onion sliced
4 slices capsicum
1 splash champagne

1 teaspoon nigella seeds (these are delicious and really add some OOMPH!)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon harissa
1 teaspoon sriracha
s+p

1 slice sourdough rye bread
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Fry all of the vegies in some oil until they are nice and tender and a little bit coloured. Add the spices and give a quick fry.
Turn the pan up nice and hot and deglaze with some champagne. Why the heck not?! Who doesn't love a quick champagne brekky?!
Add the crumbled tofu and cook together for about 5 minutes or until all combined and tasty looking.

I like to serve mine with sourdough rye toast and toasted sesame seeds on top. But that's because I'm obsessed with sesame seeds. You haven't noticed?


What better way to serve a spicy tofu scramble than with a strawberry smoothie? In my opinion, strawberries are the queen, the ultimate, the mesiah of all berries. When they are fresh, organic and in season. I can demolish a punnet like that *snaps fingers*


Strawberry Smoothie:
1/2 glass apple+blackcurrant juice
6 strawberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1 Tablespoon passionfruit yoghurt
4 ice cubes

BLITZ!

Comments

Popular Posts