burger, dip, vegies = dinner noms.

Super simple, super easy, super cheap, super fast recipe. Also great for winter as it is delicious and hot - i mean really, what more do you want in winter?!


Moroccan vegies with cous cous:
olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 big zucchini, diced into big chunks
7 mushrooms, diced into big chunks
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tin tomatoes
1 handful rocket
salt
pepper

1 cup cous cous
1 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon za'atar

In a big pot fry onion and garlic in oil until softened. Add in zucchini and mushroom.
After about 5 minutes, add in cumin, chilli flakes and tomatoes.
Place lid on pot and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In the meantime bring stock, salt, pepper and za'atar to a boil in another saucepan. Once boiled, remove from the heat, stir in cous cous with a fork, replace lid and leave for around 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
NOTE: this is my perfect way of doing cous cous, i have no idea why but this makes it crazy fluffy and amazing and never stodgy. It retains enough heat to fully cook through within a few minutes and be perfect. Perfect, i tells ya.

This recipe should clearly have eggplant in it to be uber-moroccan, but i had none :D

Rocket pesto
2 cups rocket
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup cashews
good glug of olive oil
salt

Blend everything to buggery in a blender. The end.


Paprika chips:
Cut potatoes into chunky chip size. Pat dry. Lay on baking tray with olive oil, paprika and s+p. Roast at 200 for about an hour, flipping every 20 minutes ish until crisp.


 For dinner we had swiss mushroom burgers with rocket pesto, tomato, onion, carrot, alfalfa and lettuce! I figured giant swiss mushrooms would be almost as good as portabellos (how do you spell this freaking mushroom?!?!!) ... alas, they shrunk to about half the size when I fried them in a balsamic marinade. Still tasty - just small.

 burger production line :D


 
nom nom nom.

Comments

  1. that burger and fries looks wonderful - I should try it - esp as I don't mind if mushrooms shrink - I never get the difference between giant mushrooms and portabellos (or the spelling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up what rocket is, but that seems like a perfect pesto base now that I know! I love your burger assembly station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johanna, I didn't really get the difference between them either! haha. I attempted to google the spelling and it came up with all SORTS of stuff. Then I got mighty confused!

    Jessica, ahh, you must be of the non-australian persuasion then! My canadian bf never knew what the hell i was on about when I was speaking of rocket. Delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts