Choconana muffins!

This is another recipe from the wickedly awesome book from my childhood, Kids Cookbook 2. I have never made this recipe before, but I feel as though nothing in this book can be a failure, even the coconut ice! (literally coconut, sugar and food colourful - aka, da bomb when you're a kid obsessed with sugar and bright colours)


I baked these especially for muffin, and as my fabio is still liver cleansing and I feel funny about eating eggs - he can eat ALL TWELVE OF THEM. It was a lovely sunshiney day to be baking and generally enjoying life.

I think this recipe could be easily veganized, just add egg replacer and use dark chocolate. Voila.

Choconana Muffins
Makes 12

1 small ripe banana
1 cup white self-raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup choc bits
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup oil

Mash banana in a big bowl. Sift in flour and add husks left in the sieve.
Throw in rest of ingredients and stir with a fork until just combined - overworking the mix will make a heavy muffin!
Bake in an 180C oven for 20 minutes.


* I didn't add the extra oil and they still seem moist enough.

Comments

Popular Posts