Minty pea-ee pasta.

PEEEEASSSS. I love em.

This pasta dish was brewing in my brain for a few days and redeemed my lack of inspiration lately. I still have a cold but I could actually taste this dish! Woop woop! It was delish. I really, really liked it. I love the taste of peas and the mint and lemon add a nice freshness to the dish. This only makes 1 serving, so double it for 2 people and so on. It could definitely take more mint too.


Minty pea-ee pasta.
1 serve spaghetti
1 cup peas
1 big handful fresh mint
Juice of half a lemon
olive oil
1 spring onion, finely julienned on the bias
1/4 onion, finely julienned on the bias
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 zucchini, julienned on the bias
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4 - 1/2 cup vegie stock
1 Tablespoon butter

1 slice day old bread, roughly chopped
oil to coat
salt
pepper

Take 1 slice day old bread and break into rough breadcrumbs. Lightly coat with oil and salt and pepper and grill in oven until golden and crisp. About 10 minutes.
Cook pasta until al dente, set aside.
Blanch peas. Blend peas, mint, lemon juice and stock in a blender until super smooth.
Fry spring onion, onion, garlic, chilli, mushroom and zucchini in olive oil until soft and slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
Add pea mix to frying pan and reduce until a slightly thicker consistency.
Add in pasta, spring onion, onion, garlic, chilli, mushroom, zucchini and tomato and season with salt and pepper. When all is heated through chuck in your butter for a smooth and shiny appearance.

Serve with crispy breadcrumbs on top and a few whole peas for a cute look!

YUM YUM YUM.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts